- Take a cruise! Portsmouth boasts three companies that offer cruises of the Piscataqua River, Portsmouth Harbor and to the Isles of Shoals. Gundalow Company, Portsmouth Harbor Cruises and Isles of Shoals Steamship Company.
- Come out in June for Market Square Day! Locals and visitors alike come together to sample tasty local food, meet local organizations and shop at our downtown shops!
- Relax by the waterfront on the Decks – Portsmouth’s restaurants with outdoor seating on the Piscataqua River.
- Make plans to come to Portsmouth for Sail Portsmouth’s Tall Ships Festival, which brings beautifully crafted ships to dock in the City for a weekend.
- Settle in for the evening at the Prescott Park Arts Festival, which hosts music, movies and a play each summer in beautiful Prescott Park, located on the Piscataqua River.
- Show off your style at Fashion’s Night Out Portsmouth – the first Thursday in September – where everyone’s dressed for a night out and for the Fashion Show!
- Make your reservations for Restaurant Week Portsmouth & the Seacoast, which happens every November! Enjoy a 3-course meal for only $29.95.
- Become a movie buff at our two movie festivals – Telluride by the Sea and the NH Film Festival!
- Stroll around Strawbery Banke Museum’s grounds with the family playing vintage lawn games and learning about Portsmouth’s history!
- Bring a spoon and an appetite for the Chili Festival! Try chili from Seacoast restaurants, and then vote for your favorite.
- Experience Vintage Christmas in Portsmouth with holiday shows at The Music Hall, Candlelight Stroll at Strawbery Banke and do some skating at Labrie Family Skate at Puddle Dock Pond!
- Get your holiday shopping done at our over 100 locally owned boutique shops in downtown Portsmouth – TAX FREE!
- Warm up in one of our over 75 restaurants in Portsmouth, many of which have a fireplace and hot chowders/soups on the menu.
- Sign up for the Dog Sled Rides during our Fire & Ice Festival in February.
- Ring in the New Year with First Night Portsmouth on December 31st! A family-friendly day of activities including live music, ice sculpting and more!
- Restaurant Week Portsmouth & the Seacoast comes back in April, so start thinking about where you should be making reservations!
- Portsmouth’s historic homes re-open in May – explore the beautiful historic treasures from our 300+ years of history.
- Grab a map and check out the many walking paths and forts that are located on the Seacoast, built before the Revolution to protect the Harbor!
- Hit the Decks! Kick off the season at our annual May event that opens the decks and waterfront dining in Portsmouth.
- Take a bicycle tour with Port City Bike Tours, or rent a scooter from Scoot-Me-Now and give yourself a tour of New Hampshire’s coastline!